There is a strong need for a unified lobbying approach in articulating a policy framework across all regions and sectors to integrate and strengthen CLLD in order to change what is seen as a misguided and disjointed rural policy by the government.
There appears to be strong belief in economic opportunities outside of agriculture to create a sustainable future for rural enterprises, but they will need funding and support to flourish. Given funding, this could build on the process matured within the LEADER programme.
- Threatened sustainability
- Depopulation – losing young people
- Infrastructure lacking: broadband/connectivity, transport, health and other services
- Lack of investment to develop rich assets resulting in lack of job opportunities
- Need to simplify processes to access funding